Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One week-ish.

Wow. My sleep schedule is completely messed up after a succession of early wake ups to do bike rides and late nights doing physics work and even trying to find a place to live next year.

What a day too. This morning (or yesterday morning, pending how you look at it), I got up at 5, had a breakfast of eggs and toast and ventured out on a really long bike ride. 70 miles. At least it was long for me since collegiate races never go beyond 45 miles in length, there's not much reason to do any base training above 60 miles, which I don't think I even did that during racing season a few months ago (shout out to the Grinnell College Mating Slugs!). I've also just noticed that my training and wearing of different jerseys has left me with two distinct sets of tanlines on my arms. Sweet.

Then, it was off to try to do some fundraising. I set up several coffee cans (Thanks Raceway Lube Inc., Nema's Classic Hair Styles, Boatwright Pharmacy, Medicap Pharmacy Millington, and BancorpSouth Bank) and talked to a number of people. Hopefully things will go well.

Now, I'm going to take a short nap, wake up for a recovery ride, and then go pick up a bicycle box from the LBS (local bike shop) and pack my bike away. Wow. Really, I'm almost there.

No comments: