Sunday, October 19, 2008

Riding in Memphis.

Did one of my first rides since late summer today just to see how I am going into winter, where I'll be stuck on the stationary for too long. Managed thirty-five miles without too much trouble. Took a while before my legs started turning over the gears like they should, but all should be well, and I'll get a few more rides in before I head back to Iowa for the winter to set in. I should be floating close to fifty miles by the time I'm ready to go back to school. I'm going to start keeping tally of interesting things on my rides, and as I go through training at least to make this all more interesting:

4 dogs who try to attack my bike
1 energy bar consumed
1.5 bottles of some energy drink consumed
0 fellow bicyclists encountered

And now it's back to studying for that pesky Physics GRE...

No comments: