Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Bike That Will Carry Me


It's been a little while since last update. In the meantime, I reached my the halfway point of my fundraising of $2000. Finishing up the school year/dealing with grad school has made it difficult to get out and do the rest of my fundraising, but no fears, it will be completed!

I also got the bike that will carry me across the country. It's replacing the bike I got 4 or 5 years ago used off of eBay that at times barely works, but can still go from point A to point B when needed.

I have managed to log something over 500 miles on it already which makes me happy. I've completed one of the parts of my promises to Bike and Build to ride 500 miles before I show up for the trip (with one being 65 miles at least). I mostly managed this by racing for the first time ever this year collegiately. It was a fun season, and I met some cool people. I'll probably keep racing after this year too.

Also, this weekend I'm completing my sweat equity working on a build site in Des Moines. So, on my way to getting my preparation for the trip done. Just got to finish getting my fundraising done, so if you haven't donated yet and were thinking about it, now's the time!

No comments: